Budgeting Basics: Part 1 - Gather and Organize

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Do you now what your household income is? Do you know much you spend each week? Well, when I was asked these questions I said yes! We paid the bills, saved, and invested.

So we were good, or so I thought.

As I researched budgeting on the Internet, I realized I really didn't know exactly where all our money was going. So I began a detailed budget. I am going to share with you the step-by-step process I went through to put us on a budget and still live well. So get ready and get organized. Gather your pay stubs, bills, expenses, and credit card statements. Do you have monthly, bi-weekly, or weekly income? Do your utility bills fluctuate? What is the average cost and highest monthly payment? Take this time to review your credit card purchases, your interest rate, and your payment amount. We will use this information to start your budget!

So get organized!!!

0 Comments: